Πέμπτη 8 Οκτωβρίου 2009

The End

Faded and rusty memories that decay
the former glory of one moment's dare

And so I gazed upon you...
completely at odds with reality
trapped in an endless circle of sorrow and regret
And so you gazed upon me...
I never hoped that you'd understand especially now,
haunted by the shadows of fears they've planted in my head
taken over inch by inch
unable to stay, impossible to escape
making me feel uneasy with what I felt back then,
then when all seemed to fall into place...

An outlook of a world intertwined with my new perception
the seeds of doubt have been planted,
it's far too late to look back now
when hope seems to vanish
when breath seems to shorten...

Cracks into the construct of the perfect logic,
the one corrupted by greed and ambition
misleading us into those paths we never intended crossing...
They never believed in us
cause we never truly believed in ourselves...
We never found what we sought
cause it never matched their wishes

And here we end up again...
gazing upon each other
eyes speaking the words our mouths could never say,
the sayings of the heart the mind desperately tries to bury...

They won...
It's alright, one must know when to walk away
when it's time for the wounds to be healed
It's alright...
As long as we have each other...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου